Friday, October 19, 2012

3 Days

As previously mentioned, I participated in the Komen 3-Day for the Cure last weekend.  There aren't really words that can explain what it was like.  My teammate Amanda wrote this beautiful tribute to her experience.  And although I'm one of those people she refers to at the finish line, one of the lucky ones with my Mom there to hug me and tell me how proud she was, Amanda's words touch on the overall experience of the event.  It's money for a great cause, but it's also about the shocking realization just how many people are impacted.  I invite you to read Amanda's blog, she says it far better than I ever could.  http://www.amandaswalk.blogspot.com/2012/10/zero-to-sixty.html

Now onto the Nate part of the weekend.  Nate loved every minute of having Grandma visit.  I'm fairly confident there wasn't a single, "Mommy?" while I was away.  It was adorable, and heartbreaking, on our way home from closing ceremonies.  He just kept looking at the empty seat next to him, tearfully asking where Grandma was.  I told him she had to go home to Ohio because Papa needs her.  His response, "Nate needs Grandma."  Sure you do, Buddy.  Who else is going to let you drink chocolate milk and watch endless episodes of Curious George?

No comments:

Post a Comment