Monday, July 26, 2010

Could have been a dramatic birthday

Baby's still holding out!  Apparently it is very comfortable in there although I can't imagine there is any room left.

Yesterday we had a lot of excitement around here with a major storm.  Unfortunately the storm hit hard and caused significant damage to our neighborhood including a tree right through our neighbor's roof.  I can't help but think how lucky we are not to have a tree right in the middle of our new upstairs addition especially when we're about to bring home an infant.

While we managed to avoid damage, we did lose power and with that we lost our air conditioning.  Frightening when it was over 100 degrees all weekend.  But leave it to Aaron to make the best of a situation, he got our neighbors together and we had an impromptu cookout in our backyard.  Everyone brought perishable food from their fridges and freezers and we had a really nice dinner.  And to make the night even better, our power came back on shortly after everyone left.  So no baby but all in all we've been pretty lucky.

We go to the hospital tonight at midnight and they'll induce me Tuesday morning.  Hoping for a Tuesday birthday, we'll keep everyone posted!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Still waiting

A good appointment today, we got to see his or her little face up close on the ultrasound.  Baby's heartbeat is strong and everything looks great.  Of course, this means I'm still pregnant but as long as baby's healthy we can't really ask for more!  If nothing happens this weekend, they'll induce me on Tuesday morning.  Here's hoping baby comes on his or her own before then.

Monday, July 19, 2010

40 weeks+

We were not surprised to see our due date come and go without baby's arrival.  But we're ready!  Had an appointment this morning with the doctor and things are looking good.  They did an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels.  There's plenty in there which means baby's good and comfy and there's no reason to induce earlier than planned.  They estimate the baby weighs about 9lbs 4ozs as of today.  She told us that could be off by about 5% in either direction.  Me, "So you're telling me I'm definitely not having a 6 pound baby?"  Technician smiles and says, "I'm telling you that you're not likely having an 8 pound baby."  But he or she is healthy and content, what more could we ask for?

I'm currently scheduled to go into the hospital the night of Monday, July 26th and they'll induce me Tuesday the 27th.  But I think we're all hoping we don't make it that far.  I go in to the doctor's office again on Thursday the 22nd for another appointment and ultrasound.  We'll keep everyone posted!