Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sick Baby

Thankfully Nate is on the road to recovery, but last week was not a fun week in our house.  We knew something was up when he couldn't sleep last Sunday night.  And every day I picked up at daycare, another baby had gone home sick that day.  By Wednesday it was our turn and Nate came home with a fever.  I took him to the doctor Thursday morning convinced he had an ear infection.  When the doctor checked his ears and gave the all clear, all I could think was, "Oh my gosh, I'm the first time mother who just took her son to the doctor for a cold."  But then his test results for RSV came back positive.  And while I wasn't happy he was sick, at least we knew what it was and could do something about it.

And this is what we do:

Despite what it looks like in the picture, he hates the nebulizer and the treatment sessions are a heartbreaking exercise.  We hate watching him scream but we know it's making him better.  Hopefully only a few more days of treatment!

This seemed like a good idea until he realized he could just spin his seat around to get away from the nebulizer.

3 comments:

  1. RSV isn't fun, and its going around big time. I hope he is back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW, my poor buddy. I love that he is smart enough to 'get away' from the nebulizer, though! Get well soon, my handsome Godson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor guy I hope he gets better quickly. Give him an extra squeeze for us. On a side note, Anderson is wearing the same monkey/striped PJ's tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete