Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Full Term

I don't think we knew how grateful we'd be to hear those words one day. At 37 weeks, this baby is officially full term. Meaning he or she can survive on his/her own outside the womb and can arrive any day. Aaron and I are hoping for at least three more weeks before the birthday.

We had an appointment this morning with Dr. Lizardo. He's happy with our progress and the baby's growth. He had some trouble when he tried to get a heartbeat because the baby was moving too much. He commented on what a very active baby this is (I could have told you that by the constant kicks and punches I get all day long) and that we might have an athlete on our hands. Taking our natural athletic ability into account, that's pretty funny. Maybe little Jellybean will be blessed with his/her Uncle Cullen and Aunt Meghan's talent and not my total lack of coordination.

We're looking forward to the long holiday weekend and a visit from the Healy family including baby Meredith!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the shout-out, but there was a reason I ran & skated. Coordination is not something God blessed me with. Maybe he/she can have Uncle Cullen's talent, but not his knees :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very exciting!!! Hang in there JellyBean...July is a great month for a Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much love for the shout-out, I'll teach the jelly bean how to handle his/her own on the basketball court.

    ReplyDelete